Happy Friday! It’s been a busy couple of weeks work-wise, and I haven’t been blogging nearly as much as I had hoped to be. As much as I love pouring my heart into this little space, family and work comes first! I’ve got a couple of posts scheduled and a GREAT interview with one of my friends to share with you coming soon…but for now, I’d love to share five things I’m loving this week. Before I do, I just want to say a big ol’ thank you (+ a bear hug) to those of you who take the time to read this blog. I love your feedback and knowing that my words matter even a little bit to you…means everything to me. I love and appreciate you!
Five Things I’m Loving This Week:
1. BodyPump! I’ve been taking BodyPump classes since I joined the Y a few years ago…but never consistently. I recently made the goal to take 2 BodyPump classes a week, and I’m loving it so far! With BP, I get a far better workout and muscle burn than if I’m just doing weights/strength on my own…honestly, because if it’s just me and not a class full of 20 people holding me accountable, I’ll cut my strength circuit short well before the hour is over. But with the class, both the instructors and my new friends are keeping me going, and before I know it – it’s been a FULL HOUR of lifting. This may not be a lot for some, but it’s a huge improvement for me! I typically love cardio more than anything else and get intimidated by weights…so BP has been a gamechanger for my routine. Do they offer BP at your local gym? If so, you have to give it a try! 🙂
2. Easy Potluck Contributions Like I said – this week was crazy crazy crazy, so I really didn’t have time to whip up anything fancy or complicated for our St. Patrick’s Day potluck at work. I just took 3 cucumbers, sliced them up, spread a little guacamole, and sprinkled some cut baby carrots on top and bam! You’ve got yourself the easiest, cheapest, all-diet friendly potluck platter.
3. HappiYeti – A new shaved ice treat in Pacific Beach. San Diegans, stop by! I got an acai bowl with mango, pineapple, and granola.
4. Friends Being in Town – We’ve lucked out with having so many friends who happened to be in San Diego lately, and it’s been awesome to reconnect with them! I love living in a town that sends so many people here on business trips and vacations.
5. Fit & Faithful Shop – Not something I’ve been loving lately only, but have been loving for a long time! My sweet friend Chelsy is expecting her first baby soon and is indefinitely closing up her shop to make room (and time!) for her baby girl. She’s having a HUGE sale and I’d love for you to check it out.
I have two of her tanks and they are always great conversation starters on the trails and at races — people always stop me and say something encouraging. Grab yours at a great discount before they’re all gone!
Pssst…one more thing…Stay Great My Girl is now on Pinterest! Check out the SGMG Encouragement board to add a little brightness to your weekend! XOXO