Just popping in for a quick round of Friday Five: Christmas Edition! Five things I’ve been loving lately, but with a little extra Christmas flair. 🙂
What are you doing for the Christmas weekend? We will be celebrating our first ever Christmas not with our extended families…but we do get to make our own memories here in San Diego for the first time! It’s very bittersweet, but I’m looking forward to a great weekend with some San Diego friends and our church family.
Friday Five: Christmas Edition
- My Not-So-Fancy Affordable yet Fancy Starbucks Drink
My favorite drink to get at Starbucks this time of year tastes like a fancy-pants $5 latte, but it’s only $1.95! It keeps both your taste buds AND your holiday budget satisfied. And to make it even sweeter, it doesn’t have the insane amount of calories as the seasonal lattes. Wanna know my trick? Order a tall Christmas blend coffee with almond, coconut, or soy milk (almond for me!), and ask for a pump of sugar-free peppermint syrup. Flavored syrups at Starbucks are free to add in and they taste like a million bucks but only cost one buck! Plus 95 cents.
2. Loving my Actual Christmas Devotional
by Alexandra Kuykendall on the Youversion Bible App. All about Jesus and oh contentment in Him. It’s all about letting go of the pressure and expectations of what we think the holidays are supposed to look like. This has been SO good for me (and also made me feel a lot better about forgetting to send out my Christmas cards this year…whoops). I hope you love it too. Click here to download it!
3. Unexpected Gifts
Like…a last-minute decision from leadership to give us the day after Christmas off from work (🙌🏼), boxes of Christmas lights and tinsel from a dear friend who knows that all of our Christmas decor is back in Delaware (so now, I’m so happy because our California home is decorated!!!) invitations to a celebrate with friends’ families, and this gift from a coworker who must know me pretty well. 🙂
4. Brooks’ Ugly Sweater 2017 did you get this year’s holiday shirt? I didn’t, but I might buy it for myself…especially because spreading cheer with every step is always my #1 goal!
5. Trader Joe’s Wintry Blend Now I’m sure I’ve posted about this before…but it really is my favorite! Have you tried it?
Leave a comment:
- Do you have a favorite Christmas coffee or drink?
- Is there a Christmas or Advent devotional that you’re loving?
- What are your plans for Christmas?
Lots of love to you, friends! May your days be merry + bright.