Hi, friend! How have you been?
I’ve been busy.
And I’ve also been struggling with this whole no-sugar-Monday-through-Friday thing.
Luckily, the short and simple recipe that I get to share with you today is a remedy to both of those problems. 🙂 Shout out to my sweet friend/coworker Bonnie who made a variation of these first and gave me the idea!
Introducing…4-Ingredient Date Bites. The sweetest, tastiest, easiest treat ever.
The best part is, they’re 100% vegan, made from whole foods, and free from anything that it’s trendy to not eat right now. 🙂 They’re perfect for a sweet treat after dinner, or for quick fuel before you head out the door for your morning run. Wanna know the goods?
4 cups of dates
Half a cup of unsweetened coconut
One cup of unsalted pistachios
One tablespoon of agave nectar
That’s IT! I’m willing to bet you already have a few of these good-for-you staples in your kitchen right this very moment.
How To Make Date Bites
- Take dates and chop in your food processor. Make sure your dates are pitted!
- Remove dates from food processor and add to a large mixing bowl. Use the back of a spoon to mold dates together to form a thick paste.
- Crush pistachios and add to the dates.
- Add in just a bit of agave nectar.
- Mash it all together!
- Crush your unsweetened coconut pieces and place in separate bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or plastic wrap.
- Get ready to get messy — using your hands, take the date mixture and roll small balls at any size that you’d like.
- Dip the ball in coconut chips until it’s covered on the outer layer.
- Place on baking sheet and let them chill in fridge for at least one hour before serving.
Too easy, right? I love that they satisfy my sweet tooth naturally. Give them a try and let me know what you think! The mix-in possibilities are endless.