Happy Friday, friends. We made it! It’s cooling down (just by a degree or two — summer year round!) here in San Diego so I’m wearing sweaters, sprinkling pumpkin spice in everything, and pretending it’s Fall. 🙂 This weekend, I am looking forward to running with two girlfriends, and hosting our friends (and their sweet newborn!) over for a meal at our place. I hope you have some running and time with the people you love scheduled for this weekend! If not…get on that. 🙂
Friday Five: What I’m Loving Lately on the Run
1. My new SPIbelt! I’ve never been a big fan of my armband (it always gets so sweaty and starts to slip during long runs!), so when my mom recently gifted me a running belt for my birthday, I was thrilled! I’ve been taking it on all of my outdoor runs and it’s been so convenient to stash my phone, keys, and gel – and I usually forget I even have it on me! If you feel like you’re constantly juggling all the things while on your runs, or if your armband weighs you down and feels awkward – try a belt!
2. Senso Bluetooth Headphones Another birthday gift from my sweet mom! Can you tell she is a huge supporter of my running and always knows exactly what I need? Moms are good that way. 🙂 I find so much motivation through music during workouts – and going essentially cordless has made things easier and lighter! Plus, I love that they don’t slip out of my ear or get tangled.
3. The Rambling Runner Podcast Specifically, his most recent episode with Janae Barron (Hungry Runner Girl). Matt is a talented interview, a great encourager of others’ achievements, and it was awesome to hear him get the scoop on Janae’s HUGE breakthrough to sub-3 hours in the marathon!
4. GOODRs! I recently bought my second pair from our local running store (the super awesome Milestone Running!) and could not be happier. They just make runs feel more fun and they don’t move or bounce on your face one bit! I love the fun colors and the polarized lenses at a super affordable price. Bonus: the brand is just so sassy and quirky. What’s not to love?
5. Setting new goals! This is always scary (read: EXCITING) to talk about, but I have been setting some new/BIG goals in running and I’m eager to pursue them. The first one I’ll be going after is a sub-23 minutes (7:23/mi) at the Fit Foodie 5k next weekend. My lifetime (and high school…11 years ago!) PR is 23:54 and I am determined to prove that runners get better with age. 😉
Hey, San Diegans! If you’d like to join us at Fit Foodie…please do! It’s not too late to register and you can save $5 when you use code STAYGREATFF.
In the comments…
What running gear/goodies are you enjoying lately?
Do you have any races planned in the next few weeks?
What are your scary big and exciting goals?
Have a beautiful weekend and stay great!