We love granola in our house!
But what we don’t love so much? All of the sugar and weird ingredients in most premade granola from the store.
I researched a few granola recipes online and came up with this delicious, easy recipe based on what we had in our pantry at the moment. The great news is that you can add in whatever flavor or mix-ins you like to make it your own!
I also feel so happy whenever I can make something myself and save on plastic/unnecessary packaging. I love storing this granola in repurposed glass jars and it also makes for a great gift for a friend or neighbor.
What You’ll Need:
- 6 cups of rolled oats
- 2 cups of sliced raw almonds or your favorite nuts)
- 1 cup of agave nectar or honey
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Dash of cinnamon to your liking
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- Optional: dried fruit, dark chocolate chips, or your favorite mix-in
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Mix the dry ingredients together (oats, almonds, flax, chia, cinnamon, mix-ins)
- Bake the mix-ins in a glass dish in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove and stir, then bake in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- While the dry mixture is baking, mix the wet ingredients together (agave, coconut oil, vanilla extract)
- Remove the dry mixture from the oven and add the wet mixture. Stir and spread evenly.
- Turn the oven down to “warm”.
- Place a single layer of the granola onto a baking sheet lined with wax/parchment paper.
- Place the granola back in the oven for 15 minutes. Check and stir occasionally. Since the oven is on warm, it will toast and get crunchy, but it won’t bake and burn.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy! This granola is great in yogurt, on top of a fruit parfait, or in a smoothie bowl.
The next time you’re craving granola, give this healthier recipe a try! Chances are you already have everything you need in your pantry.
Have a great day,